Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Possibility of You by Pamela Redmond

In three different tales of unexpected pregnancy, Redmond weaves together the lives of three women. I found myself mesmerized by this book. I loved that the same feelings of love and loss and hope and despair were found in each story even though the circumstances and outcomes of each woman’s pregnancy were so different. I spent most of the book wondering how the stories would tie together. And when that became clear, it seemed meant to be. I don’t think that saying this book was about “unexpected pregnancies” explains the book at all though. It is about so much more than that. Redmond does an amazing job of evaluating the feelings and emotional state of each of her characters. Also, since each pregnancy takes place at a different time in history with different external circumstances influencing each woman, it is interesting to see how decisions are made and how those decisions affect the people involved. Definitely a page turner. I was excited to see what would happen next from start to finish. I wish it had a different cover though. The angel on the front along with the title made me think it was some kind of self help book. So glad I know not to judge a book by its cover, or I would have missed out on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment